Hello

My photo
To steal something from a better writer than myself, I'm a drunk homosexual with low moral fibre.

Sunday 22 February 2009

Weird dreams, Dino-Jesus, the temptation of Frasier, and my continuing determination to get addicted to coffee.

Last night (well, this morning really) I had that rarest of things for me, I dream I not only remembered but thought was real, even if only for ten minutes. A guy I know had written some stuff about me (on the from cover of NARC., go figure) as a response to something I'd written on this blog about the credit crunch.

So I woke up, full of thunder, about to call Claire and demand to know what she was playing at printing such scandalous filth. Took me fifteen minutes to clear my head and realise it was a dream, felt a bit weird about it. Moreso because the stuff he was writing about me saying, was something I never posted about. Dreams are weird, they should stay in the Sandman books and out of my head.




Almost dreamlike (because it's just so surreal) is this little gem about the British creationist museum Genesis Expo. I was particularly impressed by the incorporation of dinosaurs into the Bible version of events. Dinosaurs were created alongside man (10'000 years ago, naturally), they were admitted onto Noah's arc with the other animals at the time of the flood, but then they died out afterward
because there was less oxygen in the atmosphere.

Nice try. Still doesn't answer David Attenborough's point about worms who live in eyes mind.




One thing I forgot to mention about the ball last night, I managed to drink a full cup of coffee. Not only that, but it was black coffee, none of your wimpy cream and sugar here, black! Black as the pit!

That's right, my curious intention of becoming a fully paid of member of the world's coffee addicts society continues apace. Tea and coffee have always been a closed and mysterious world to me, and while I'd sooner sleep with a woman (and I really don't want to do that) than drink tea, I'm getting to like coffee more and more. I think it was sampling the coffee berries in Guatemala that started me off.




And finally, temptation came strongly my way this week with the sight of this little beauty for sale in town. Finally, a complete Frasier collection. Look at it, isn't it magnificent? I always adored Frasier, it was so sharply written, the cast were amazing (most expecially David Hyde Pierce and Peri Gilpin), they had a Jack Russell. To this day Frasier's apartment is still my ideal home, not going to be getting that skyline anywhere in Britain though.

The only downside is that it currently costs over £200, even though that's technically still a bargain (little more than £1 per episode) I can neither afford nor justify getting it right now. But when those prices come down / I become rich. That baby will be mine!

No comments: